Yes, you read it right! We are looking for people to work with us on a series of projects in the upcoming months.
I have to let you know first that my team is not the easiest to work with. Chemistry and compatibilty to our working style is essential. We DO NOT come from the same backgrounds. In fact, our backgrounds are very different but we share the same views on ethics, honesty, integrity and professionalism. If you do not have high standards in these areas, you probably may not stand a high chance of working with us.
Many do email or call asking to work with us but many times, we do not have room in the company or the fit is just not right. So, we have to sincerely reject those interested. If you have been or are rejected, it has no bearing on you as a person or magician, it is just that the fit is not right.
Now, we are going for an official hunt for the right people. We are not looking for many but the few who are selected, if any at all, will be enriched with knowledge and experience that you cannot get anywhere else in Singapore, in a short amount of time. This is a fact, not an opinion. Everyone who has spent time with us has benefited. Many are doing their own thing now and are making a living in magic as a result.
You do not necessary need to have good knowledge in magic or possess a high level of education (although everyone in the company now is currently a University grad or undergrad… but, no pressure or expectations)
I should mention that all applications will be strictly confidential.
Here are the ‘official’ specifications:
Concept:Magic is looking for motivated individuals to work as members of our show production & performing team on a project/ show basis for 3 major magic projects from May – Jul 2009.
From magic techniques, stage craft, backstage work and show production, you will be exposed to all aspects of professional magic production. The commitment is flexible based on the individual’s value and schedule. This is NOT a full-time position, although it has the potential to be expanded to one or a long-term one.
You will have the chance to learn and work directly with the team who produced the country’s biggest and most high profile magic projects in the last 3 years.
Since 1998, we have produced street magic & grand Illusions for television, to live shows for entertainment venues and events to mega magic events that have garnered more media and public attention than any other homegrown magic team in history. As the first & top professional magic production house in Singapore, we are the brains, producer or consultants for
- “Ultimate Magic: The Revolution” (May – Dec 2009)
- “Five Stars Carnival”, 5-Episode Illusion Segment for Ch 8 MediaCorp TV (2009)
- “Magic Day @ The Arena” (2009)
- “Ultimate Magic”, Season 2 (Jan – Apr 2009)
- “The Impossible Journey”, Mega Illusion across the Singapore River for Central/ Singapore Tourism Board (2008)
- “The Impalement Cage” Mega Escape for The Arena (2008)
- “Ultimate Magic”, Season 1 (Jul – Dec 2008)
- “The Impossible Teleportation” for Singapore Press Holdings (2007)
- “Magic in Motion” 24-Episode Street Magic Series for SPHMBO (2007)
- “Top Fun” 15-Episode Street Magic Series for Ch 8 MediaCorp TV (2006)
- Magic experience is useful but not required.
Send an email with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Full Name
- Contact Info
- Job Experience (if applicable)
- A short description of yourself
- Reasons why we should choose you
There are very limited vacancies available and we are looking for individuals who best fit our team!
This offer will close on 19 Apr 2009, 2359hrs
Tell your friends about it!