This is my custom for the Voyager Class Optimus Prime from the Hunt for the Decepticons series. It is the most movie-accurate version of Prime produced by Hasbro at this size and is like a smaller version of the Leader Class Prime.
My customization includes a complete repaint of the figure plus adding battle damage and weathering.
To learn how I create this custom, read my two tutorials:
Details of this custom include:
- Repaint of entire exo-skeleton, red & blue parts (leaving flames intact)
- Painted all parts to be movie accurate
- Added flames to the front chest piece
- Added blue arm bands with red flames
- Added red shoulder guards
- Added blue trimming to forearms
- Added gold and copper detail
- Added in chrome trimmings and coloured in lights. I paint over the lights with chrome silver first, followed by a coat of clear orange or clear blue to create the illusion of a coloured light cover.
- Changing the colours of the windscreens from tinted blue to tinted black with a “Smoke”-coloured paint.
- Details for head
- Metal-tone finish for the “Matrix”
- Battle damage including laser slashes, bullet holes, dings and dents
- Weathering with mud and grass effects
The “Matrix of Leadership” inside of Prime also painted a gun metal finish
15 Mar 2012 Update: You can now bid on the custom Dual Model Kit Optimus Prime on Ebay HERE.