This version of Prime was inspired by my two & a half years of National Service and the subsequent 13-year reservist cycle as a M113 Armoured Vehicle Driver. A M113 s is like a tank but without the tank turret and is used in the Armour formation to carry Armoured Infantry troops.
So, it was a fitting version of Prime and I’m sure many guys who have served in the military can relate to it. In fact, I think any one who has friends or family serve in the army can relate to this Prime.
I have given him enhanced weaponry including a real working flame thrower made from a Buster Prime smokestack blaster. For the additional weapons, I have intentionally chosen to use human weapons to fit the army theme.
Details of paint job and modifications
- 3-tone metal finish for exo-skeleton. Deliberate non-chrome/ shiny finish for tactical reasons.
- 4-colour Tropical Jungle Camo for all panels and head. A smoke wash gives it the gritty realistic look.
- Detailing of exo-skeleton, piping, wires, lights and panels with copper, gold, red, yellow, blue & green colours
- Headlights, backlight, tail lights and all small blue lights changed to red lights as per military tactical lights. Added two red Swarovski crystals inside the two hip lights.
- Replaced hands with TFTM articulated hands
All weapons are attached to the figure using concealed rare earth magnets.
- Real working flame thrower blaster. A Buster Prime smokestack blaster was modified with a brass barrel, glow plug igniter that is powered by a 2 x AA battery pack disguised as the flame thrower tank. The battery pack attaches to the top back of Prime with 2 rare magnets. The magnets are attracted to the batteries inside the back of Prime so no magnets are attached directly to Prime.
- 0.5″ Browning Machine Gun with ammunition link belts fed from an ammo box attached to Primes left forearm via magnets.
- Shoulder-mounted Anti-tank Rocket Launcher attached via magnets to the battery pack.
- Two side-arm pump action military shotguns that fire FRAG-12 High Explosive Armor-Piercing (HEAP) ammunition. The shotguns are attached via magnets embedded in the shotguns and behind Prime’s toolbox/ step. Extra HEAP shells are strapped on Prime’s right forearm.
Here is a demo video of the real working flame thrower blaster in action. Watch it below on YouTube here.
Look forward to the Battle-damaged and weathered version of this figure.
Just to put this custom figure in perspective for non-Transformers fans, here is my “Jungle Camo” Prime with the original toy side by side.